Part of living in a home is actually living. And hey, we know life is messy. At Clever, we like to streamline insurance and make it easy. We think your cleaning routine can be just as simple. Here are some helpful hacks:
1. Dusting ceilings –Are you vertically challenged or just have high ceilings? A cloth on your broom or other extendable rod will work perfect on those hard to reach places. Just put the cloth on the broom and wrap a rubber band around the edges to attach it. To clean your cloth afterwards, wash separately with only detergent and dry on low heat to maintain the static cling.
2. Cleaning bathrooms –Dryer sheets are perfect for cleaning the bathroom. Use a damp one to shine the chrome on your faucets and handles. You can then use it to remove the soap scum from your shower glass. If you have a ring around your toilet, it’ll work on that, too.
3. Removing grease from cabinets –If you have already tried dish soap to remove the grease on kitchen cabinets and it didn’t work, try baking soda. Use a damp cloth, dab on some baking soda and then scrub the whole cabinet. Rinse with water and dry with a towel.
4. Vacuuming your mattress –Your mattress needs to be cleaned almost as often as your sheets. Mix a little bit of baking soda with fabric softener and sprinkle on your mattress. After an hour you can vacuum it. This will help make your bed smell nice and prevent heavy soiling or pests.
5. Cleaning the toilet –You probably clean your toilet before you clean your floors, right? This is probably in case you get any drips from the brush onto the floor? Try drying your brush by wedging it between the seats to air dry.
6. Unclogging sinks –You can use an Alka Seltzer tablet and vinegar to unclog your sink. Just run hot water down your sinks after putting two tablets in it followed by vinegar. If it’s a light clog, you should be good to go. For more stubborn clogs, we suggest an expert.